About God the Father
- We believe the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God who raised Jesus from the dead.
- We believe God is the one and only God.
- We believe God created the world and all that exists.
- We believe God loves all His creation and gives humans free will. With our free will, we have sinned and fallen away from God.
- We believe God is intimately involved in every aspect of His creation.
About Jesus the Son
- We believe God came to earth in Jesus to show us how to live in love and with justice; and to save us from our sins.
- We believe Jesus is God in the flesh. If you want to know God, then study and learn about Jesus.
- We believe Jesus was crucified and through His death, our sins are forgiven, and we are restored to a right relationship with God.
- We believe Jesus rose from the dead, and all who believe and trust that Jesus died for their sins will have their sins forgiven.
- The faithful will be resurrected after they die to spend eternal life in heaven.
- We believe we are justified and made right with God because of Jesus’ death. We cannot justify ourselves before God by our works.
- We believe that loving God and loving our neighbor, keeping the Ten Commandments and any other “good work” we do in Jesus’ name is extremely important and good. However, we believe all these actions are done in response to God’s love for us in Christ and not as a way to earn His love or salvation.
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
- We believe it is given us in our baptisms.
- We believe with the Holy Spirit comes spiritual gifts given to each baptized person for the edification and mission of Jesus Christ and His church.
About the Sacraments
- We believe there are two sacraments – Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
- We believe God comes to us through the Word and water of Baptism, making us His children and heirs to all His promises.
- We believe baptism is God’s action – not ours, and is dependent on God’s promises. Therefore, we believe in baptizing infants as well as adults.
- We believe baptism is to be done once.
- We believe God comes to us through the Word and bread and wine of Holy Communion. We believe God is present in the bread and wine – His body and blood giving to all who eat and drink, the forgiveness of sins.
- We believe Holy Communion is to be given weekly for the nourishment and spiritual welfare of our members.
About the Bible and the Word of God
- We believe the Holy Bible is the chief and most important way God reveals His word to us.
- We believe the Word of God and all one needs to know for salvation is revealed to us through the Holy Bible.
- We believe the Holy Bible is not the Word of God in and of itself-but we believe the Bible reveals the Word of God to us through its history, stories, and parables.
- We believe the Word of God to be infallible, authoritarian, and the norm and standard for our faith.
- We believe the Word of God comes to us either as Gospel or law, and it is our job to distinguish between the two.
About the Church
- We believe the church is the group of people who regularly gather around Word and Sacrament.
- We believe the church is composed of all who believe that God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
About The Trinity
- We believe God is the one and only God, but He has revealed Himself to us in three ways – God the Father; God the Son; and God the Holy Spirit. Thus, we believe in The Trinity.